image-music-text project

I plan on creating a video detailing the contents of a zine that I will create over the course of two weeks. My zine will include visual reflections on Roland Barthes's thoughts within his work Image-Music-Text. For now, I will focus on analogical and arbitrary and add on as I go. 

I have never created a zine before, but in previous new media coursework, I created a film so I am looking forward to incorporating the two together. Often times I will create photo collages so I think the format of a zine will enable others to think about the content. 

This project will be a learning curve and a chance to explore other digital processes such as scanning negatives, using copiers, and becoming more familiar with Adobe Premiere. As often the case most of my inspiration comes from the current text as well as Barbara Kruger. After seeing an exhibit of her's in D.C. felt like doors had opened up.

Comments