project intro: the divine irreference of images [no. 3]

I began brainstorming by thinking about how I could reflect the collapse of reality into hyperrealism and how I could possibly create something that addresses simulations. 

Thus I began to think. 

Social media is a simulation.

Television is a simulation. 

Most, if not all, things are simulations graciously explained by Baudrillard. 

Environments in which we find ourselves can be used as examples to better understand Baudrillard's theory.

I plan to use photoshop and images from online to create a 'carousel' collage of sorts and post it on instagram. My photos will be comprised of images that illicit simulations such as reminders of media, as well as items that assist in creating environments that 'mask' reality. 

If any of you are familiar with my projects you know I always try to expand my understanding of how to use software to create. This is what I hope to do. 

Here is a 'carousel' image I practiced with. 






A post shared by Astra (@astra.medeiros) on

Comments

  1. I really love your aesthetic and can't wait to see your project. I love the idea of 'carousel' image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the word "carousel" is interesting. Your photo project is always messy but neat at the same time. In the most current posts on insta, I enjoy how to always include a gaze on each pic, maybe the eye contact is "real", we are all being watched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these will turn out so cool!! I just learned how to make these and they are such a fun thing to do. I am so excited to see how you push your art and push these collage of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the idea of masking reality gets deeper the more collages you make. We already know that digital image cut-outs of images are not a representation of the "real" person in the photo (which is in itself a few steps removed from the "real"). By chopping, layering, and altering the original source, you are created reflections of reflections - an idea that transcends digital media, but gets thrown back in our face every time we pull up Instagram.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment