one minute experimental video

McLuhan says that notions of time become the new space as we "march backwards into the future". I thought thoroughly about this as I approached my one minute video project. Initially, I had a lot trouble beginning. I struggled a lot with such an open ended project and never truly got a firm grasp of what I wanted to do. As the days went by I got more and more nervous thinking about how I would approach the project. Soon, I started to video record random events of my day. I recorded things like opening my curtains in the morning, brushing my teeth, and buildings on campus I walked by. Then one day I was heading up the stairs of a residence hall as it happened to be 'golden hour'. I was enjoying the shapes of light that were coming through the window so I decided simply to record. I wish I didn't underestimate my level of procrastination for finishing the project. I wanted my final product to be so simple and almost primitive, with no special effects or elaborate soundtrack. By playing on the idea of light and how the sun cast its light through the windows the whole recording process was time sensitive. Although I really struggled with this film I enjoyed working with video editing technology for the first time.


Comments

  1. So lovely! love how you captured the beauty of the ordinary and it's just visually pleasant

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your video was very pleasing to watch, it felt a bit static so i would love to see a version with you moving through the spaces, capturing the different dimensions of each and really showing off the beauty. Other than that I thought it was very good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The entire film creates a calm and peaceful vibe. All the shots are so well composed and having meaningful color theme on. The special perspective of looking at our little cozy campus just make me feel so happy. I really wish to see more of your works in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very soothing and calming! The name of the film at the end is clear and simple, which is consistent with the scenes of your film. Like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment