reflections on the metaphysic of the code [no. 12]

In the section "The Metaphysic of the Code" of Simulations by Jean Baudrillard the content deepens with its relationships genetically and biologically. Baudrillard introduces us to more content heavy information from quoting Marshal McLuhan: "Leibniz, that mathematical spirit, saw in the mystic elegance of the binary system that counts only the zero and the one, the very image of creation. The unity of the supreme Being, operating by binary function in nothingness, would have sufficed to bring out of it all the beings" (103 Simulations). 


Baudrillard goes on even further to discuss our environment: "Space is no longer even linear or one-dimensional" (105 Simulations). This perplexes me because it is as if I am trying to imagine the unimaginable. All the signs, rational, real, or imaginary and so forth are all erased at this sort of level of the metaphysical code. 

Project Update

I have really been focusing on the aesthetic and flow of my collaged images. I'm trying to make sure that I really play around with it before I land on a composition that is best for me; meaning most appealing to me. I am having lots of fun playing with transparency/opacity with things. And as per usually I am limiting myself with the black and white monochromatic pallet. 

Comments

  1. This part of the book really confuses me. It also got me imagine the unimaginable. Also I really look forward to your project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment