project begins: 'rose-coloured resurrection' [no. 5]


For my project after reading I think I might want to involve some images dealing with ethnology or even anthropology because I feel like these are important themes. Even involving ethnology and anti-ethnology based off Baudrillard will give more context to the collage. The Tasaday was a really good example that allowed me to dive deeper into understanding ethnology.


Pictured above; cowboys and Indians reminded me of Baudrillard's comment: "The Indian is driven back into the ghetto, becoming a simulation model for the Indians before ethnology. They are posthumous savages...a referential simulacra" (16 Simulations). Although, it is not the Native American's he talks about it reminds me of how they were thought of earlier as 'savages'.

Thus far, things are going well, my knowledge of Photoshop is growing but when uploading I have already come into difficult areas of creating noticeable seams in my supposedly seamless images. All in all I hope I can figure my way around these cropping difficulties. 

Comments