something is happening


Something strange is always happening. The events that occur throughout the course of one's lifetime are truly intriguing. They draw my attention, reel me in, and I almost feel forced to inquire. McLuhan pushes me to inquire about my "antisocial actions". The way I choose to create and often the way I choose to walk away from his version of environments. For this project I really had no clue what I was going to do. I shot 154 portraits on my Sony Alpha a6000 and immediately started to pick out the ones that weren't horrible. I then pulled them into Adobe Photoshop and used my very limited and crude understanding of editing after watching three or so photoshop tutorials. The entire project I felt like I had no control over what my colleagues did. And while it was a little frustrating I still was able to create twenty images.



This project was a lot about 'what can I do by myself on photoshop'. So the entire time I had no idea what was going on. Something strange is happening here, and I don't know what it is. I continued to edit these twenty photos. I wanted the photos to illicit a confusion to the audience. Because the audience doesn't quite know what is going on either. Why are the eyes concealed? Why are they holding such objects? Why does it look like a family portrait? Who are these people? It is a shared confusion between the artist and the viewer. I did let McLuhan's philosophies fill my head but I also was very focused on creating and editing photos with a questionable quality.

something is happening photo shoot 

shoot 01

Comments

  1. I like how you edit your photo and make it become strange in a good way

    ReplyDelete
  2. The editing was unique and eye catching! I like that you had many people participate and pose in your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment