everything we do is music: a reflection of 'thinking on the move'

The second I heard about this project I began recording the white noise that was surrounded by the Theremin's soft wail, when all the sudden a classmate taped the metal rod and zapped himself, everyone laughed. This was my first voice memo recording that sparked my one minute soundscape. 
I began to make short recordings that encompassed the sounds of my everyday movement. I prefaced this project with a question to myself: What sounds do I experience that are in my environment? I recorded as I went from class to class, and completed it with a voice recording of my friend's thoughts. The environment I am in generates a ambience of what I believe are dull tones. These sounds from my environment feel monotonous to me often because I am not fond of the environment itself. The casual sounds of a car passing me, the swishing of my windbreaker, and the crunch of the salt beneath my feet as I walk by. These sounds often interrupt the thoughts and laughter that I share with people. And that is my soundscape.




Comments