my world












I come from the Pacific Northwest; born and raised. And because of this, I am quite fond of the natural world and all that inhabits it. As a first-year university student, I am still trying to work on creating an identity for myself as an artist. I haven't quite figured out a sort of artist statement yet. 


I am constantly surrounded by organized chaos. And this chaos can mainly be found in the people I entangle myself in; my four siblings, four parental figures, and friends who are, often, up to no good. These people inspire me, they fuel my thoughts and assist me in what I want to share with anyone who will listen (or see).


"We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us."


Marshal McLuhan 

Oftentimes, I am disappointed in my own limited ability to take a simple photograph. But as I shape my style I continue to think that my photos have a way of affecting me. They make me feel nostalgic. A photograph is an image of a fraction of a second in the big storybook of my life. 

As an artist, I simply want to tell stories, and expose things about the nature of humans. On the other hand, sometimes I will make an illustration to expose someone of a wrongdoing, it's sort of a vindictive thing to do and is a weakness of mine. I want to be creative that isn't out for petty issues but one who chooses to share the truth with people regardless of what they want to see. I want my art to be accessible to everyone.



 



Comments

  1. The last paragraph is already a cool artist statement in my opinion! It's cool that you state that you want to show your artwork no matter what other people will think . It just feels so good to express yourself isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Astra you really made a perfect black and white page!! the background is so beautiful, the structure of one big photo at first, and small's following posted on the right and arrangement are remarkable! I never thought of organize them like this! The media is the message!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment